Monday, October 15, 2007

Creating a good plot is complicated stuff

So that plot I posted a few days ago...it's gone the way of the dinosaurs.

It just wasn't working. I can't say what's entirely wrong with it, but it didn't seem to flow or move forward. It sort of came to a dead end halfway through the story. So I spent some time working on my characters, their needs, fears...who they are. And then revamping the plot. The story has changed a bit, but it still uses similar characters and ideas. So far I'm pretty happy with what I have at the moment [we'll see if that's still true after I sleep on it].

I'll post a more finalized plot with characters tomorrow[later today]--for now I rest!

:: drops down on her knees to before her muse ::

Please please please let this be the last plot change....I have a lot of world building to do!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails