Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New month...new plans

So with the month of May already underway, I intend to make as much headway as possible with my novel planning. In fact, I want June to be my NaNoWriMo-esque writing month. Like my friend Penny I intend to finish my second draft by June 30th [or at least have most of it written].

So a breakdown of what I need to do:
1. World facts/history/elements
2. Character profiles and motivations
3. Plot summary/detailed plan
4. Sketches/photos
[Goal is to see at lot of this done by 20th]

And I'd like to get it nicely laid out into a grimoire or chronicle of some sort with character illustrations, world maps and other sketches. Then bind it up into a simple book that I can carry with me for reference purposes.

I've done a lot of thinking about plot on my main character's side, so it's really important to focus now on a more detailed idea of what my villain wants. And if he's really the "lesser of two evils" I intend him to be, who would the "greater evil be"?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails