Tuesday, March 11, 2008

National Novel Editing Month

So March is National Novel Editing Month and I plan to participate. Although I've been super busy--I'm not going home for break. So that makes it the perfect opportunity to work on that novel of mine.

I printed out the novel already, which is quite a hefty stack of fibers. I'm sort of dreading reading it, but hey I might actually turn this into a really good story.

Anywho, Jean has inspired me to keep working on it, so the novel's been on my mind recently.

Here are some thoughts that recently popped up late last night:

Maybe Devii has an importance of her own, giving Othena another reason to go after her and to keep her in Benim. By doing this there is a greater drive to get the girl, besides her involvement in the whole situation. Haven't decided what the importance is yet.

Devii should have made previous escapes in the past. If her goal is to return home, then I think she would have attempted to run away before. I like that idea.


Either way, I think the story is a bit too linear. I need to figure out everyone's goals and make sure there are strong conflicts to add drama. Also, I need to add some interesting twists--but that might make the story longer.

Oh well. I'm tired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails