Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Revenant

So because I was so badly prepared for Blood Stone, I figured early prep is the key to a good novel, which means slightly easier editing later. *hopefully*

So what is Revenant?
Well it is based on my original Nano plot I was planning before I frantically ditched it for a new plot [Blood Stone]. But I've revamped it a lot and I like it much better now.

A young woman discovers at the age of 23 that she is a revenant--a group of humans who fight the evils of the world and cannot die. Well they can die, but they just keep coming back no matter how they die [ala Claire in Heroes but far more immortal].

The dictionary definition of "revenant" is: one who returns or one who returns after death.

The deal is that her family is under a "curse" or "blessing" [depends on who you ask] that turns the "first of the first" [first born of the first born...etc]. Which in this case means her mom and her grandmother. But no one seemed to think it was necessary to warn her...thus hilarity ensues.

Overall this story is going to be much less serious than Blood Stone and set in an slightly alternate universe of our world, specifically in San Francisco.


That's all I'll say for now--but I'll start dropping more info closer to Nano...I just don't want to jinx it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails