Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Well I did it.

This was one of the most difficult NaNoWriMo's ever. Even last year I had more direction and far less inner critic to block my path. And to make it worse, I was busy as all get out and easily distracted. Somehow in the final week, I managed to buckle down and write my butt off to make it to 50k.

My story is far from finished, but I'm honestly too tired to care. In a few weeks or maybe a month I'll look back at it all and figure out what I can salvage. But not now and certainly not tomorrow.

A few things I've learned from this year:
1. Write and don't worry about how good or bad it is.
2. Plan in advance, it's really really helpful.
3. It's never too late to finish (well...until Midnight November 30th).
4. This is just the first draft, the goal is simply to get it out of you head and onto the paper.

Alright...I'm done thinking about NaNo right now.

G'night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails