Saturday, December 15, 2007

sooo sleepy...want to keep writing...but must stop

So I managed about 2,000 words today bringing me to: 81,756

I took a bit too much time with one of the scenes because there were a lot of things I didn't understand. Things like guns, bullets and bullet wounds.

So I decided to not kill Cael but he had to be taken out of the picture. So I shot him in the shoulder since that's near the chest and could get everyone worried for a bit.

Then I found this article: It basically rants about incorrect gun info in movies. For instance removing the bullet and getting shot in the shoulder. But after reading this I have figured out how to make this work for me.

1. Cael needs his bullet removed because it's made of silver, which negates magic. The person trying to heal him is using magic, so it's logical. I even have another character ask why so I can make the action make sense for the reader.

2. Cael is shot in his shoulder--not to be cliche but because it's an easy target that's near the heart. Also, unlike the movies he will not be suddenly running about and saving lives with what should be a heavily damaged arm. Nope. Cael will be in a hospital trying to recover and eventually work to regain use of that arm. [There is a small possibility that he might lose use of the arm for good, but I haven't decided yet.]

So I've covered my bases. If I change my mind I can always go back and make him get shot in the arm as the article suggests. ::shrug::

So where are we now?
Devii and the kids got back to the church safely, but she noticed someone lurking outside. Inside, Cael is fighting the pain as Cora removes a tricky bullet. Also, Silas' secret is out when Cora and Eovin realize exactly what he is. But wait...Cora is an innate! Hooray for healers!

Where are we going?
Cael's bullet is out but he needs to go to the hospital. Devii, Silas and the kids are going to take the next ferry to Dunoth but they need to trick Othena so they can escape. I wonder how they'll do it?
Then we finally get to see Dunoth and meet the illusive Kole. Will they get the stone to him in time? We'll see.

So much to write...so little time, but I've written 20K this month so far!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails