Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Correction: Off to a REALLY rough start.

Last night - first night of NaNo I hit a wall.
Although I'm not sure you could say you hit a wall if you didn't have any momentum to begin with. What few words I did manage to write was a rambling of ideas and plans rather than an actual story and probably doesn't even count.

This is probably the first year I've self-sabotaged to the point of stand-still before I wrote anything. I blame the sickness for addling my brain and allowing myself to focus on a plot that I knew had massive holes in it, but 20/20 in hindsight and all that.

And to make things worse I'm still ill along with a few other issues I choose not to disclose.

Simply put I'm not in a good mood. On the bright side, I was in this very position in 2008. I began with a plot that was failing with little to nothing written on Day 3 and guess what - I wrote 75k.

So I'm not going to give up. I'm definitely going to ignore my inner critic and come up with something I'm willing to write over the course of 30 (now 28 days).

I can do this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails