Monday, November 8, 2010

Name Game

Current word count: 8,295

I've hit a little snag - my character is having some sort of identity crisis and doesn't know what her name should be. I started with Maxine, which became Reggie on a random whim and now I'm torn between Zoe and Lena.

Considering I still have 5,000+ words to write I'm going to just run with whatever name is working for me right now...and that's Reggie.

But while I attempted to pull up new names, I found a few great sources:

Random Name Generator - Uses names from the US Census and let's you decide the degree of obscurity.

Most Common Surnames in the US - Pretty self explantory and incredibly helpful

Baby Names World - My favorite baby name site. Names are search-able by meaning, origin, popularity and even year (all the way back to the 1800s).


Alright, time to get back to writing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails