Monday, November 1, 2010

Off to a rough start...

It's that time of the year again folks - NaNoWriMo - and while my fellow NaNoers have started typing away I've been held back with the dreaded cold. Still that has never stopped me before and I'm going for my usual goal of 100k.

As for my story, I've decided to give Icarus a well deserved rest - and play around with something entirely different. Two stories (one short related story and a longer one) tentatively called Memento Mori and Resurrection Man, respectively. I'm still working out the kinks of the main plot (another delay), but I'll share some of my inspiration.

First is a short story by H.G. Wells - "The Story of the Late Mr. Elvesham", which is about Body Snatching.

The second is this photo, which I found on this site:
mementomori
It's a Victorian Death Portrait of twins (one living, the other dead). I was so struck by this image that it got me thinking of a short story about a twin seeking to be reunited with his twin - at any cost. We'll see where it goes.

So that's my theme this year: death, body snatching and the supernatural - with a hint of Steampunk of course!

Best of luck to everyone and let the games begin!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails